The primary driver in my life is to make the world better by helping others lead happy, fulfilling, meaningful lives. It’s an honor to witness the resourcefulness, courage, and strength people find inside themselves as they overcome the challenges life brings them.
I’m a Midwesterner, gardener, big-time speculative fantasy and fiction nerd, part-time professional artist, and the kind of dog person that knows every woofer at the park, but can’t always remember the people’s names. (“Hey Biscuit! Hey Bobo! Heeeeyyyy… Buscuit and Bobo’s Owner!”) I love learning new skills and new ways to grow as a person and support others to do so as well.
I’m also a thriving survivor of physical, emotional and sexual abuse and live successfully by engaging in ongoing mental health treatment for PTSD, anxiety, and depression. I’ve also been through a career-ending spinal injury and multi-year recovery to being able to walk unassisted again. I’ve worked with supportive and compassionate healthcare professionals, as well as been shamed and judged for how I experienced my injuries and illness. While not everyone’s experience is the same, we’ve all experienced trauma. Regardless of the source I understand how profoundly that trauma can impact us personally and professionally.
In addition, I:
- Believe access to basic resources, such as physical and mental health care, education, and employment training and support are key to creating communities that truly thrive.
- Support social justice, particularly as a member of the LGBTQ+ community (my pronouns are she/they). I support legislative and community activities that promote inclusion, safety, and equality for people of all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities, religious beliefs, physical/mental abilities, and socioeconomic status.
- National Speakers Association, Wisconsin (NSA-WI) – Co-Dean of the Speakers Academy
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Service (DAIS) – Career development training coach
- Greyhound Pets of America – Foster home and event volunteer
When people work together, amazing results are possible!